Tuesday, October 1, 2013

iPhone 5 mount on BMW 2013 f800gs

For quite a while now, I have always tried to have a phone mount in my cars.  When I finally bought my f800gs, it felt pretty natural for me to mount my phone where I could see navigational directions, take video or even time lapse videos with my phone.  After snooping around the internet and finding this blog (Thanks Charlie!) I felt like I had a great option.  I finalized on using a hybrid mount utilizing Rammount (www.rammount.com) and their xgrip cell phone holder.  However, I quickly switched over to a Rockform case (www.rokform.com) due to the one handed on/off that the Rockform case/mount provides. (I still have the xgrip on my bars for another device... why not?)  I went with the Rockform tripod mount and I purchased a Rammount 1" ball tripod.  I initially bought a lanyard to loop around the Rockform tripod mount, but after feeling the locking mechanism, I have decided that I didn't need it, I may still use it for long off road adventures! This set up seems pretty elegant to me and has been working pretty well.




No comments:

Post a Comment